Training For Aviation Security
Aviation Security Managers’ Course
New dates are now available for 2020.
Delivering Aviation Security GSAT, GSO, GSS & ASM Training Courses
With the ability to combine our security and aviation expertise we are able to produce aviation industry recognised training packages that fully supports WASS and our sister company Westminster International Ltd.
Be it an existing or a start-up airport or airport operation, we can deliver both nationally and internationally recognised compliant training to a new or existing workforce, from a Security Officer to a Manager.
Or the supply and commissioning of Security Screening equipment such as X-Ray Baggage Scanners and Walk Through Metal Detectors together with compliant Operator Training.
From the initial consultation, curriculum development, review, delivery and assurance through to on-going refresher training and up-skilling, WASS believe the quality of the training delivered and received is directly reflected in the confidence and ability of the workforce.
Example of WASS courses:-
- Aircraft Secure Clean;
- Airport Supplies;
- Aviation Security Human Resources Training (AvSec HR);
- Bespoke Computer Based Training in X-Ray, Cabin, Hold and Cargo Dual View;
- Cargo Security;
- CCTV & Ground Radar Operation;
- Close Protection Officer;
- FPOSi, FAAW & E-FAAW (First Aid Training);
- Ground Security Awareness Training (GSAT);
- Ground Security Managers;
- Ground Security Officers;
- Ground Security Supervisors;
- In-flight Supplies;
- National X-Ray Competency Test (NXCT) – Cabin, Hold & Cargo;
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods By Air, Cat 8;
- Triple A, Baggage Reconciliation.
All training delivery follows a mixture of ICAO, EU & UK Department for Transport practices and is compliant with the UK National Aviation Security Training Programme, we also ensue all local and national legislation and policy is fully researched and woven into the modules.
The courses are designed to cater for those with little or no previous experience through to those in Management roles that need refreshing and aligning with new operating procedures and standards.
In addition to the core modules, we include bespoke computer based training and in-depth practical training that compliments the use of specialised equipment and practices, including Access Control and ID Issue, Vehicle search, Advanced X-Ray operation, Explosive and Narcotic detection equipment, Building search, Command and Control Centre, K9 Substance detection, Aircraft search and Airport supplies.
Our Cargo training programmes comply with the recent EU ACC3 operating procedures whereby all carriers flying cargo and mail into the EU states must have certain security operating procedures in place.
All training is delivered by an industry qualified and internationally experienced team who have spent many years working in diverse operations around the world and use this experience and first hand familiarity to create environments that deliver an informed, flexible and committed workforce.
Our training programmes are developed on a modular framework that targets both the individual and client groups with a mixture of appropriate classroom and extended practical knowledge and understanding, resulting in skills directly applicable to the area being developed.
From our experience, this approach represents a far more effective way of raising security awareness, rather than simply delivering “generic theories”.
Additional courses Available
- Access Control and ID systems;
- Aircraft secure clean;
- Airline Ground Handling:
- Baggage and Cargo, Single and Dual View X-Ray;
- Baggage handling facilities;
- Conflict Management;
- Command and Control Centre;
- Ground equipment management;
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT);
- Hostile Environment Close Protection (HECPO);
- Integration Training Programmes;
- Intruder detection & response;
- K9 Dog & Handler, Explosives & Narcotics;
- Kidnap & Hostage Awareness;
- Passenger Services, Ticketing,
- SIA Close Protection;
- Stores and Vehicle Screening;
- Tactical Firearms Awareness (TFA);
- Thermal imaging, FMCW Doppler Radar.
We can provide tailored training courses that will be designed to meet your exact requirements.
For more information contact us.