WASS provides unique world class programmes and solutions to meet almost any aviation security problem or requirement worldwide.
Our main Total Care Programmes are Build Operate Transfer (BOT) and Build Maintain Train (BMT)
The WASS Build Operate Transfer (BOT) programme provides manned services include search and screening together with the provision of surveillance and detection equipment through to Immigration services, advanced passenger information profiling, and asset protection at NO COST to the Airport / Government Authorities.
The WASS Build Maintain Train (BMT) programme provides operational training and management support together with the provision of surveillance and detection equipment through to Immigration services, advanced passenger information profiling, and asset protection at NO COST to the Airport / Government Authorities.
|Long term Concession Agreement with the Airport / Government Authorities to enhance the airports security (AvSec) by providing all the required investment and expertise to bring the AvSec up to compliance with local, ICAO, EU and international standards and maintain compliance to these standards for the duration of the contract at NO COST to the Airport / Government Authorities.||Yes||Yes|
|Assess, improve, enhance and expand the physical and electronic security systems and equipment, including maintenance, replacement and upgrade of security equipment during the life of the contract, equipping the airport terminals with the latest screening, surveillance and detection technology at NO COST to the Airport / Government Authorities.||Yes||Yes|
|Take over the existing AvSec team or locally recruit and train a new AvSec team, providing them with continuous on-going training, monitoring and management.||Yes||No|
|Airport / Government Authorities will achieve a significant saving by the removal of their AvSec staff costs which will be taken over by us.||Yes||No|
|Invest in the local community providing employment and local purchases etc, Enhance the efficiency of AvSec operations, Ensure quality of service to the Airport Authority and airline operators, Potentially Increase the airport capacity, the Improved AvSec will attract further airline operators and passengers to the country.||Yes||Yes|
|Remain under the management and control of the Airport Authority and will be an integral part of the overall security structure of the airport providing shared intelligence and Collaboration.||Yes||Yes|
We can provide other AvSec programmes and solutions tailored to meet the exact individual Airports requirements, please contact us to discuss.
Typical WASS Programme Objectives
- To create World-Class AvSec Operations without cost burden to the Airport Authority;
- To ensure well managed and professionally run airport security operations in accordance with international and ICAO standards;
- To assess, train, improve, monitor, (BOT manage) the airport AvSec teams to a high standard;
- To assess, improve, enhance and expand physical and electronic security systems and equipment, including maintenance, replacement and upgrade of security equipment during the life of the contract;
- To equip the airport terminals with the latest screening, surveillance and detection technology;
- To collaborate with airline and state security agencies to provide a network of security services designed to prevent act of unlawful interference;
- To enable airlines and cargo operators to conduct their operations via the airport in a safe, secure and profitable manner;
- To develop a regular revenue stream to the Airport Authority via concession fees;
- To encourage new operators to use the airport due to higher security levels.
Planning and Design
At the planning and design stage of the project special and particular consideration will be given to all relevant issues including the following :-
- Security Considerations;
- Safety Considerations;
- ICAO Annexes 9, 14, 17 & 18;
- ICAO Document 8973;
- EU Regulations EC300, EU1998, EU8005, including Cargo RA3 & ACC3;
- National Civil Aviation Security Programme (NCASP) & Airport Security Programme (ASP);
- Utility Infrastructure; Operating Environment;
- National, Regional and Local Issues;
- Ethnic, Religious and Cultural Issues;
- Global Threats.
- Opportunity to significantly improve and enhance security at International Airports at NO COST to the Government or Airport Authority;
- We will provide the investment and expertise required to improve and enhance airport security and infrastructure;
- We provide ongoing training and compliance monitoring;
- The Government receives an ongoing income stream via concession fees and enhanced tax revenue;
- Ensures ongoing compliance with local, ICAO, EU and International requirements;
- We invest in the local community providing employment and local purchases etc;
- Enhances the efficiency of security operations;
- Ensure quality of services to the Airport Authority and airline operators;
- Potentially Increase the airport capacity;
- Improved security attracts further airline operators and passengers to the country.